- Take part in theHapi.org’s Building Study #2 – using the latest biometrics to understand how we ‘see’ buildings!
- Call for Participants: Take part in theHapi.org’s Building Studies this month – Online!
- How Do We See the World? Like the Animals We Are!
- How Faces Make Places – Scotland
- Architecture that grabs us? It’s on the supermarket shelf!
Tag Archives: Health
Nature walks relieve stress, curb anxiety, and help us feel calm. That’s what we found on a recent walk through the woods in Concord, Massachusetts, and now there’s more science to back it up. Outside in nature, we easily take … Continue reading
Where would you rather be? The main street above or the one below? We’d guess you’ll pick the one most at top, even though these images show the very same street — photographed about 100 years apart! It’s Commonwealth Avenue … Continue reading
If the goal of the bench is socialization, safety, scenery and shelter, why do these benches face busy streets, blank walls and parking lots? Continue reading
Architecture is not just about houses and buildings—it’s also about gardens and landscapes. In the Genetics of Design, we write about how design affects biology and how biology affects design. Well-designed spaces make people feel comfortable and safe. They mesh … Continue reading
The first time I toured a modern house, it was love at first sight. Heart racing. Pulse pounding. Face flushing. Love. Or maybe lust. Either way, once I met a house with cathedral ceilings, I never went back. Humongous windows. … Continue reading