- Summer Meet-Up: More on Buildings, Biology + Biometrics, August 19, 6:30 PM, in Boston
- Your Brain on Streets: The Secret Revealed, How Car-centric Development Keeps You Off Your Feet!
- How Boston’s Glassy Seaport Fails + Why It Always Will!
- Strong Towns Podcast: “Why We Should Build Cities for our Unconscious Brains”
- Why Eye-track Boston City Hall? To ‘See’ Evolution at Work!
Tag Archives: Wellness
Last week’s GreenBuild/ ABX2017Expo in Boston boasted a mind-boggling 550+ exhibitors and 75+ product categories focused on sustainable building—from insulation to solar panels. As the escalator descended to the 12-acre exhibit space, I felt that Robin Williams’ Moscow on Hudson … Continue reading
If the goal of the bench is socialization, safety, scenery and shelter, why do these benches face busy streets, blank walls and parking lots? Continue reading
Architecture is not just about houses and buildings—it’s also about gardens and landscapes. In the Genetics of Design, we write about how design affects biology and how biology affects design. Well-designed spaces make people feel comfortable and safe. They mesh … Continue reading