- Are First ‘Fixations’ as Important in Architecture as Advertising? Come to Ux+Design/2023 Conference to Find out!
- Check out our Latest Building Studies – Here:
- Take Part in updated Eye-Tracking Building Studies Here
- Take Part in these Eye-Tracking Studies – to Help ‘See’ How We See our World!
- A Talk on Cognitive Architecture – Thursday, November 17th
Join 333 other subscribers
Monthly Archives: August 2015
No Faces – We’ll Affix That!
How We Add Faces to Blank Places Humans are drawn to faces. Our brains are built to see them. Indeed, more of our brain is engaged in facial recognition than the recognition of any other visual object, says neuroscientist Eric … Continue reading
Posted in Architecture, Design Tagged Architecture, Design 2 Comments
The Primal Vista: Why We Crave Water Views
Every summer, Mark and I reserve one vacation week for a trip to the quaint Cape Cod town of Wellfleet, Massachusetts. No chateau in Chinon, palazzo in Paris or castle in Cardiff, just a few rooms with a view—an ocean view. Like many … Continue reading
Posted in Biology, Health, Primal Vista Tagged Biophilia, Primal Vista, Water Views Leave a comment
Why We Love Buildings that Look at Us …
A few months ago, I attended an unusual high school reunion. It was a special ‘tea’ for the alumnae of a girl’s high school which was getting its first major renovation in more than fifty years—and the grads were invited … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Leave a comment