- Are First ‘Fixations’ as Important in Architecture as Advertising? Come to Ux+Design/2023 Conference to Find out!
- Check out our Latest Building Studies – Here:
- Take Part in updated Eye-Tracking Building Studies Here
- Take Part in these Eye-Tracking Studies – to Help ‘See’ How We See our World!
- A Talk on Cognitive Architecture – Thursday, November 17th
Join 333 other subscribers
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Planning for People
“First life, then spaces, then buildings–the other way around never works.” Jan Gehl While Boston celebrated the start of the American Revolution on Patriot’s Day this week, the city of Somerville, two miles west, started a different kind of rebellion … Continue reading
Posted in Architecture, City Planning, Design, Health, People-centric Design Tagged City Planning, Design, People-centric Design, Walkability Leave a comment
Do you see a face in Palladio’s Villa Rotunda? Do the windows on the second floor suggest eyes, and the portico a nose or mouth? Or maybe the front door behind the columns represents the mouth, and the windows symmetrical about … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Leave a comment
People Need Green Space
In 1970, Joni Mitchell sang “they paved paradise to put up a parking lot” to decry the lack of green space in the built environment. Since then, architects, planners and builders have expanded parking lots, widened highways and removed green … Continue reading